One Monthly Goal - November 2023 Completed

Continuing on the monthly goals of making bags, November continued with another ByAnnie Pattern in the same category of bags for myself.  

ByAnnie Thread Dispenser Small Size in the Flat Book Style out of Tula Pink's Linework fabric line is 2023 Project 56 was completed in 5-hours and 33-minutes. The OMG goal proposal post was posted here as #13 on the link-up.

There are now 4 pieces in my Zebras Collection with the folded little book Thread Dispenser. I love this fabric and my homemade collection of sewing tools. It was such a lovely day outside here in Florida when I finished it that we went outside for photos:



Thread Dispenser exterior unfolded next to the inspiration Call Me:


The unfolded interior with a little extra by adding the final pieces of the Renaissance Ribbons Rainbow Hexies as zipper pulls:


I got so excited for this thread dispenser that I explained how it works to my husband and he said a video is needed to explain. So, I made a video on how to use it; you could see it on Instagram here

Within November, I also successfully completed the Standing Style Small Thread Dispenser using a different fabric in the Tula Pink Linework line. Standing Book Front:


Standing Book Back with Label:


Standing Book Interior when opened from Front, the bird is right-side up:


I have resolved that I like to use bias binding on the ends of the zippers instead of straight binding due to the stripes in the binding fabric. I didn't like that design element on the Catch All Caddy and CallMe so adjusted for this Thread Dispenser and I'm so much happier.

Looking forward to continuing the bag journey and possibly getting back into quilting as we finish 2023 and head into 2024. Next year's QuiltFest entries are on my mind. 

What progress did you make in November?

Comments

  1. They’re all fantastic! I love the way you’ve cut the stripes on the binding for all the places it’s used in the thread dispenser, the stripes look lovely all matching like that. (Have you made a note on the patterns in case there’s a next time?!) Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! This is my favorite. Since it's a technique on so many ByAnnie patterns, I'm going to have to make a general note on my papers with those patterns. I have a few notes about techniques Annie has provided in some of her videos.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous set. Well done and love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm so thrilled with how the set is turning out.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love all of these and the little knitted creatures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne-Marie! The Instagram Wool.I.Am critters are my sewing companions.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts