Fun with Leaders & Enders!!!

It was so much fun sewing my Monthly Color Challenge blocks as leaders & enders while sewing the Pack-It-Up! pouch & braids by Kate Colleran. Catching up on the blocks is my proposed August One Month Goal (OMG).

I was able to sew together 2 sets of 3 Yellow/Red-Orange rows for August and 1 of 8 blocks sewn together to catch up with Orange April.

August 4 progress
This technique was so much easier, my fabric did not get sucked down into the machine and I threw away a lot less extra thread. 12 braid seams and 13 Leader/Enders were sewn.

To get a sense of how to do this, I watched a few of Bonnie Hunter's QuiltCam sessions on YouTube.

One braid will be my Pouch #3 which is on my 2018 Q3 Finish-A-Long list (FAL) and if I finish it next, it will be my 5th finish for Q3. That would be the most Quarterly Finishes since I started making lists in 2018.

I'll need to figure out how to keep the momentum going with more of my FAL's. They don't all need piecing so it's going to be interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts