One Monthly Goal - September 2023 Completed

September this year is Mr. Hubby Bear's and my 25th Wedding Anniversary. We just wanted to have a nice time together since we moved. I also was hoping to make the September One Monthly Goal of a ByAnnie Switchback bag to be ready for the local multi-guild quilt show at the middle of the month, but I didn't make that timeframe.

My Whippet Switchback Bag, 2023 Project 46 was completed in 40-hours and 41-minutes. The OMG goal proposal post was posted here as #11 on the link-up.

My Husband was surprised how professional a bag from a pattern could look. 

As I was looking to add Zipper Pulls, Husband suggested Green Ribbon and I found a small scrap of Renaissance Ribbons green Tula Pink ribbon for the two outer zippers. 

Then used the Tula Pink cream with rainbow card suits for the innermost zipper. 

Patterns by Annie Switchback is an excellent pattern and I love the versatility of converting between backpack and crossbody; I will seldom use the bag over one shoulder. 



The gold finished hardware package is from an Etsy shop, 2Minutes2Stitch and it is high quality, I recommend them. This ByAnnie pattern choice was inspired by the Switchback made by Instagram's @randisroost, Randi Jones, who hosts other ByAnnie sew along and supplemental videos. I participated in her Catch All Caddy Slow Along and am so pleased with that bag.

The green running Whippets fabric is customized from photos of my first two Whippets, Tux and Kipper. The Spoonflower fabric was custom designed as a prize from a charity auction for an injured racing Whippet. It's so great to have used part of the 1-yard of custom fabric in this bag for myself.

Looking forward to continuing the bag journey with a few more for myself next. 

What were you able make progress on in September?

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary! The bag looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a wonderful bag, hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I'm very pleased with the bag and used it yesterday for the first time. *admires pompoms*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts