One Monthly Goal - July 2023 Proposed

Summertime heat has started and a new Month for setting a One Monthly Goal, if you want to join-in head over:

For July, I'm going to finish a small 16"-square donation quilt for the local Quilt Show, QuiltFest JAX in Florida this September. 

While researching how I could manage my scraps and create specific blocks that I like, I saw a nice scrappy cat quilt flimsy. The artist had designed it from another artist, but didn't know the originator's name. The artist suggested a change to get the quilt square and I used that in my design. 

Inspiration hit and I realized the extra QuiltSmart interfacing panels that I have would make it so much easier to put this flimsy together. 

The 2.5" squares and HST's were laid out according to plan ready to be pressed to the interfacing.


I'm planning on calling this Scrappy Cat Back and practice Free Motion Quilting. 

Scrappy Cat Back quilt is 2023 Project Number 36. 

Wish me luck getting this done ASAP to turn in for inclusion in the Silent Auction to raise money for Pediatric Hospice this year. 

Wishing you the best of luck with your projects also.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts