One Monthly Goal - April 2024 Completed

April has had so many ups and downs. Too many to specifically spell them out. I did spend time sewing. If you want to see everyone's projects head over to the link-up:  

For April, I knew I wanted to focus at least part on one of my QuiltFest Jacksonville entries due in the September show. 

My goal was to determine the Flimsy design for the Patterns By Jen (PBJ) 2021 Color Challenge Twin-sized quilt (UFO 1). The goal was to determine the flimsy layout (not worrying about getting it assembled) with photo tests with potential sashing and cornerstone design. There are 24 blocks, 12 are 12" and 12 are 6" which I will make into a flimsy inspired by the Doll-sided quilt which will also be entered in the September quilt show.

My One Monthly Goal April proposal is HERE which was number 15 on the link-up.

PBJ 2021 Color Challenge Doll Quilt of 2" blocks:


PBJ 2021 Color Challenge 24 quilt blocks design wall layout (UFO 1) at the beginning of the month:

After making cornerstones stars and sashing strips, I decided with some input from my Internet friends to use this layout from the mock-up, with stars in the middle of each 12" block's sashing as well as the cornerstones:


And there's been some progress towards the flimsy. All the mock-up stars have been incorporated in the rows with the 12" blocks:


I've taken a break to deliver on two Guild items due soon. Exchange blocks for one and the 10-year anniversary challenge for the other. Next step after those requirements are fulfilled are to create the rest of the Cornerstone stars and finish the rows. Then create the sashing rows. That will get the flimsy center together.


What progress did you make in March?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts