One Monthly Goal - October 2023 Completed

Continuing on the monthly goals of making bags, October continued in the same category of bags for myself.  

Aneely Hoey's Boxy Clear Pouch in Tula Pink's Parisville Deja Vu fabric line is 2023 UFO 40 was completed in 11-hours and 45-minutes. The OMG goal proposal post was posted here as #20 on the link-up.

I was surprised that the last step was hand-sewing down the binding. This differs from the paradigm of  all my By Annie pattern bags finished by machine. One Quilt Guild had a Staycation Retreat at a local Quilt Fabric Store as opposed to a Retreat Centers where the participants stay. Since I would only be participating for 2 afternoons instead of all 3.5 days, so I decided to take my hand-sewing instead of my machine. I prefer to quietly hand-sew and chat with my favorite people. 

On the second afternoon I finished sewing the binding down and completed the pouch:


This is great! And as the bag maker I am enjoying being, I was inspired to make more projects with Tula Pink's Parisville Deja Vu fabric line, with a few other Tula fabric selections. 

First were both Large and Medium Lazy Girl Designs Perfect Pouches. The Small size has been enjoyed in my purse daily since June.

To continue with the inspiration, I want a Small sized Boxy Clear Pouch and have started it. Hopefully it will get completed quickly. I'm less intimidated by hand-sewing the binding now that I've completed one. 

Looking forward to continuing the bag journey with a few more for myself into November. 

What progress did you make in October?

Comments

  1. It looks wonderful, as do the Perfect Pouches! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I'm so pleased with the results.

      Delete
  2. Lovely result ....one can never have enough pouches - small or large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. It's so great to have an organizing pouch of the right size when you need it!

      Delete
  3. Great use of Tula fabric. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts