One Monthly Goal - October 2026 Proposed

October is starting and it's time to set a new One Monthly Goal, if you want to check it out head over:

For October there are 3 goals that are important. First, finish the Geeky Bobbin's Orbital Quilt flimsy after the October 3rd Zoom workshop with the local Modern Quilt Guild. Second, prepare the Background for the other Guild's workshop making Christa Quilt's Beaded Lanterns. Third, make progress on at least one of the seven projects stuck on my pressing station since I no longer have any storage left in my sewing room and I refuse to expand past the walls.

Goal 1: Orbital Quilt after workshop

The local MQG chapter is hosting a Zoom workshop by Geeky Bobbin for sewing the Orbital quilt pattern. Below is a photo of a test half of a mini Orbital Quilt in preparation for the Oct 3rd workshop. The tester flimsy turned out flat, It took a bit of fiddly planning but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'm looking forward to Bobbie of Geeky Bobbin providing advice over Zoom for the real fabrics. This half circle quilt will probably end up as a donation to next year's QuiltFest Silent Auction. Geeky Bobbin's Orbital Mini is 2026 Project 19 in progress for 7-hours and 35-minutes.

This goal will be to complete the quilt flimsy after the workshop.



Goal 2: Prepare Background for Beaded Lanterns

The other Guild is having a making workshop on October 17th to make the flimsy of Christa Quilt's Beaded Lanterns quilt (free pattern). The Guild has purchased and cut the multiple print fabrics to provide as kits. I have purchased and received my background fabric, this needs to be cut in strips and blocks before then. I am not currently scheduled to go to the workshop since that is Saturday and the other Guild meeting that I want to attend is on Sunday. That would be too much time away from home and family for me to miss my downtime between work weeks.


Goal 3: Make progress on the Pressing Station projects

Focus will be to make progress on at least one of the seven projects stuck on my pressing station since I no longer have any storage left in my sewing room and I refuse to expand past the walls.

Seven Priority Projects on the Pressing Station:

  1. AQS sew along - Make a Little Christmas Joy - match up the fabrics with the blocks (2026 Project 11)
  2. 2026 Honeybees Exchange - have all the exchanged blocks and extra HSTs (2026 Project 13)
  3. AQS sew along - Honey V Revival - have the fabrics selected for a scrappier version (2026 Project 8)
  4. Citrus Sampler - needs the Afterquilt (scrappy backing) assembled (2026 UFO 33)
  5. Charming Sawtooth: finish HSTs and design layout (2026 UFO 3)
  6. Use Tula Pink's Greywork to make a small ByAnnie Zip It Up! (2026 Project 4)
  7. PaperPieces Happy as a Clamshell - finish cutting the supplies for this EPP kit (2026 Project 15)

First priority of these is the AQS sew along for the "Make a Little Christmas Joy" quilt, 2026 Project 11.


What are you working on in October 2026?

Comments

Popular Posts