2018 Year-End Sewing Review

How did 2018 go as far as sewing? Let's review some categories:
  • Projects Completed: 25
  • Projects Started but not completed: 14
  • Non-Project Goals/Skills

Projects Completed: 25

Quilts: 4

  1. Freezer Simple Table Topper
  2. Parasols
  3. Autumn Dimensional Pinwheels table topper
  4. Grandmother’s Lovie Lap Quilt
Photos & Details are at the top of the page on this blog: Completed Quilts. I'm so proud especially of seeing my 100-year old Grandmother twice in 2018!!! 

Projects: 21

  1. Sister Tia's Penn State Tote - she & her husband are huge fans, got to have a great visit with them & their boys
  2. Front

    Back

  3. Hem Hubby's Jeans w/invisible thread
  4. Labels to sew on Pillow Cases for Rebecca's Reel Quilters Guild May 2018 show
  5. Split sheets for new King sized bed & Pillow Cases
  6. Hubby's Flute swab tests
  7. Hubby's Keyboard Cover

  8. Pack-It-Up! Pouch/bag #1

  9. Pack-It-Up! Pouch #2 - same fabrics as #1

  10. Pack-It-Up! Pouch #3 - Kaffe materials

  11. Gypsy Sit Upon Cover with Handle

  12. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #1 - Dawn
  13. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #2 - Kelley, the flute teacher
  14. Green - Dawn, Red - Kelley

  15. 8 orange decorative napkins for Joe&Angela

  16. Muslin pillow case bag for washing purses - skipping posting the most boring picture ever
  17. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #3 - Hubby

  18. Pouch for Purse Table Hanger

  19. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #4 - Angela
  20. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #5 - Patrick
  21. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #6
  22. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #7 - Joe
  23. QuiltSmart Gadget Holder #8
  24. Green - #6, Red-Gold - #8, Red & White - Angela

    Red - Joe, Green - Patrick


Projects Started but not completed

These projects are all now on the UFO list and hopefully will be worked on as soon as we move to a new home.

Quilts: 12

  1. RRQ 2019 Dolly Quilt #1 - Dimensional Pinwheels - Pinwheels are together, borders are needed to assemble the quilt top
  2. Lisa Calle - Divide & Design sample - 10/6/2018 - Sample sandwich is together & quilting is designed

  3. Marjan Kluepfel: Dragonfly & Cat Tails - 9/15/2018 - Needs wings & quilting
  4. Marjan Kluepfel: Free Form Tree - 9/14/2018 - Needs batting sandwich & FMQ before sandwich & quilt background
  5. Nesting Stars - Badda Bing! - Start assembling block centers & pick remaining block fabrics
  6. Maria Sendzik – Stack N Whack – Fans - Add fan trim and assemble blocks
  7. Ottoman Couch Comforter - My own design - need to unpick the quilting so far and re-align sandwich
  8. Nancy Prince - Thread Sketching Izzy - finish thread sketching & background
  9. Nancy Prince - Thread Painted Landscape - Spring - finish thread painting pieces & assemble
  10. Bobbie Bergquist - 2-sided quilt - trim QAYG pieces and assemble
  11. Mary Smallegan Skillbuilders 1 & 2 cleaned up and bound for washing - remove practice quilting & square-up & bind so it can be washed or soaked easily
  12. Patterns By Jen's 2018 Monthly Color Challenge - remake January's red & assemble top in custom layout


Projects: 2

  1. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Eerily Elegant Charm Pack & Gray - assemble lining with 2 pockets
  2. Pack-It-Up! Pouch #4 - left braid available after Pouch #3

Non-Project Goals/Skills

  1. Take Thread Painting/Sketching classes - definitely fulfilled on that one with 2 of Nancy Prince's classes
  2. Quilt collage - feeling confident with the tree that I created in Marjan Kluepfel's class and ready for the next step when I get inspired
  3. Using my sewing to help me feel more fulfilled
Well, this last one is still sliding around. My posts are flat and business-like, since I don't engage my emotions when I write. I am so protective of myself, worried about others judging me. Worried about how they will treat me. Am I worthy of love & attention. One of the ways I've been going about working on this is with Shad Helmstetter's Self Talk. It's helping me feel confident with myself. But how to I translate that into my writing? How do I open up in my life and be more creative?

That's what I will take into 2019 and look to explore. Will this help me uncover more of myself even in my late 40's? Will I feel more fulfilled? Will I be able to have more fun? Will I be more willing to put myself out there with others?

My life is evolving so much faster now than ever before. This includes moving across the country after living in what was previously my dream home for only 4 years. It's time for a new adventure. I'm thrilled to be here and on this journey. What are you up to? I'd love to read your impressions & thoughts!!!

Good-Bye Old Year and Happy New Year!!!

Comments

Popular Posts