One Monthly Goal - December 2023 Completed

December continued the heavy work load started in November so I planned an easy fun project for December's One Monthly Goal, a pillow case project.  

Given all the stress at my 'day job' since November, it seemed like December's Hobby Goal needed to be easier to be able to be accomplished and finish the year with a win. Looking down my UFO list, there was a Pillowcase to go with a quilt that also is on the UFO list. The pillowcase cuff was cut out in June 2019, but nothing since then because we packed up and moved 1,000 miles across the country. 

Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt's Pillowcase is 2023 UFO 24 and was completed in 4-hours and 53-minutes counted in 2023 plus the time in 2019. The OMG proposal post was posted here as #13 on the link-up.

The Pillowcase is finished:



For fun, here's the Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt top on the carpet in the old house:


To move, the quilt sandwich layers were all rolled up and here the roll (backing out) is in the new home's sewing room. This is my first dedicated sewing room and I love it! The roll is residing in the closet as I'm not ready to finish it yet. I want more Free Motion Quilting experience to come up with a plan.

What progress did you make in December?

Comments

  1. The pillowcase and quilt have such pretty fabrics. I agree, it's wonderful to have your own dedicated sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! It is great to have some space for myself.

      Delete
  2. That’s a lovely pillowcase! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts