OMG - May 2019 Finished

Update on the one project currently in progress which is 100% BY HAND! This is a long term project so it fits into OMG's. If you want to join in head over to Elm Street Quilts.

For May 2019, the One Month Goal was to create a Quilt-As-You-Go Block from the Moda Matchbox Quilt Kit #2, see prior post HERE.


Below is the picture of the finished hand-pieced & hand-quilted Quilt As You Go block made from the Moda Matchbox Quilt Kit #2:

Now there are 2 of 9 blocks ready for assembly, but I'm going to wait until all the blocks are done to be choose the layout desired:


Thanks to Patty for hosting both OMG & the Hand Pieced QAL!!! After falling in love with Patty's rainbow example on Elm Street Quilts blog, I watched several of Simple. Handmade. Everyday's Kristin Esser's YouTube Videos and decided to jump into hand piecing and it was fun.

With hand-sewing Block Kit #2, I learned that it is okay to change strategies as I go along. In my computer software and projects 'life' I call it Iterating. Luckily, Sandra of MMM! Quilts showed how to go ahead and listen to the project/fabric/quilt/block/thread to get a favorable outcome. I'm so pleased with how these blocks have turned out. I now feel confident that I can adjust my projects as I go along.

I am going to change the focus project type to machine for the next few weeks, at least for the month of June. And I'm looking forward to it.

What are you working on? 

Link-Ups:
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal May Finish Linkup as #33

Comments

  1. Congrats on meeting your May OMG. You've gotten a lovely start on your handwork project. Good luck with your June OMG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! Good luck with your June OMG, too! Love how your Storm At Sea is turning out!!!

      Delete
  2. Your blocks look great! I made that yellow one when they first came out (ish) and I wish I would have thought to try hand-stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! It's been a fun learning experience. I had not hand-pieced or hand-quilted before this year and these first two kits.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the hand stitching! It has such a lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts