2018 Monthly Color Challenge - November: Blue-Green

It's time to show the November 2018 Monthly Color Challenge. If you want to join us there's still a couple days, HERE is the November instructions post on the Patterns By Jen blog.


This month, I wasn't sure I would get my block created, but after a little push this week, I got it completed. Maybe I can finish my other November sewing goals in the next 2 days.

On November 20th, I finally picked out fabrics:

Then a week later, I finally cut into the fabrics. Since I had only a 10" square of one of my fabrics, I did have to adjust the cutting and sewing. Below is a picture of the strip sewing in progress:

Tonight, I got it across the finish line after walking the dogs and before the evening work conference calls with Asia, I'm in North America. Here's my finished block:

The color values are so similar, the block isn't very striking, but I really like it.

Here's my progress so far making all of Jen's blocks:
11 of 12 months are all caught up. AND I'm so proud that I have used all fabrics in my stash without buying anything new specifically for this quilt.

In anticipation of making December in Black & White, here are the potential fabrics pulled:

What do you think Jen will propose for setting the blocks? This is so exciting, my very first Block of the Month is almost done.

Link-Ups:
November Color Challenge Link-Up as post #16


Comments

Popular Posts