2018 Monthly Color Challenge - December: Black & White

Spent some time with my sewing machine to finish my Black & White block for December's 2018 Monthly Color Challenge. This is the December block designed by Jen Shaffer of Patterns By Jen.


This is a confusing month for me. I know I need to pack up and take stuff to storage, but I want to keep some sewing things around until the New Year Holiday day-off from work. Hubby and I need to stage our home by mid-March for the Open House. I feel guilty when I sew and don't work on the house including cleaning over the weekends. But I also wanted to sew so badly today that I just did sew.

The first fabric pull was a large set of Black, White, & Off-White at the beginning of the month:

After the pattern came out, I found a great gray in my stash and selected my black with polka dots & Kona White to go with it:

Once Jen came out with her settings, I started designing my custom setting for the 12 monthly blocks. Maybe tomorrow, the fabrics can be auditioned. The quilt is meant to replace an aging throw purchased at Kohl's a couple years ago. It needs to be at least 50" x 60".

The colored blocks are just representative of the blocks from the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge, here's the 11 before December's Black & White:

The November Blue-Green block doesn't have much contrast so it's going to be remade:

Vanilla filter shows no contrast
New fabric selections:


I can't wait to get this quilt together, but it may have to wait until after the house sells and we move. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

What are you up to?

Link-Ups:
* December Color Challenge Link-Up as #TBD





Comments

  1. Nice fabric choices. The quilt will be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I can't wait to pull it all together!

      Delete
  2. Your December block is lovely! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the house sale ahead. Sometimes you just need some sewing to de-stress, never feel quilty about it.... it's therapeutic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I may have to be content with practicing my FMQ sketching and designing quilt tops in EQ8 for a little while. Enjoy your sewing!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts